Last Updated on 25th September 2020 by Ajmer Singh
When you are looking for something like “How to improve your page load speed”. You notice the common thing that everyone mentions about is the Content Delivery Network.
If you have reached this page, it means you have come to know the word CDN, which is Contents Delivery Network or Content Distribution Network.
Almost all the website designers must be knowing this network because they need to know how fast their websites load easily without taking too much time right?
Yes, you may have heard about Google’s product known as AMP, Accelerated Mobile Pages. Which is software-based products to load your website faster, and quicker? But here, we are talking about CDN Content Delivery Network. Which works mostly based on hardware all over the world.
Sometimes, people search at how their websites load easily in a short time as compared to when it was irritating to lead any websites. After searching, you may have heard the word CDN, that CDN works behind it.
So, people want to know that What Is CDN Content Delivery Network and Its Use. It’s also known as the Content Delivery Network.
In this article, we will be discussing what is Content Delivery Network? How does it work? And what is its use? So, let’s go ahead with the article to understand properly what is Content Delivery Network actually?
WHAT IS Content Delivery Network (CDN)?
A Content Delivery Network refers to a geographically distributed group of servers which works together to provide fast delivery of internet content.
In simple, If your hosting provider data center is in the US and someone opens your website in the US then it loads fast.
But, if somebody opens the same content from any other country then it takes time to load as comparison to the US.
CDN’s have a lot of data centers all over the world. So that if someone opens your content from any side of the world, it opens quickly. Because CDN provides them with the content from their nearest data centre.
That’s how Content Delivery Network (CDN) Works.
CDN is the delivery network used for delivering the contents at a super-fast speed, that’s why it’s known as Content Delivery Network. Sometimes, people search on the Internet for speeding up a website, that how to speed up my website?
There, they come to know from some speeding up tools like, Google page speed, which also suggests understanding about Content Delivery Network CDN.
CDN is the channel of the delivery network, which is distributed all over the world based on the world’s geophysical union. This consists of the proxy servers, data centers, and control areas, which all are distributed in this world geographically.
The idea to open this network channel for speeding up the loading of websites, and to reduce its loading time came into existence in 1990. There are lots of content owners like media companies, eCommerce platforms, and other websites that help to improve the content delivery network in more practical ways.
Benefits Of Using CDN
- Improve Website Page Speed – It delivers content from the nearest data center to the users so that they experience faster page load speed.
- Search Engine ranking – Google has made it clear that faster page load time is one of the important factors that improve ranking on search engines.
- Security – A CDN may improve security by providing DDOS Migration, by creating page rules, and other optimizations.
- Optimizing caches – Many of the website owners use cache plugins to optimize their website. It’s good but using CDN + Cache plugin will improve your page performance even better than before.
How CDN works?
It’s a common problem in today’s world of a competitive market for every content maker, that is to load their websites and webpages in a short time. This problem is overcome by the CDN Content Delivery Network.
It speeds up your website and decreases its loading time by using its channel’s network. The more servers, and data centers they will have, the more will be the flexibility of any websites. Let me explain this by one example.
When you make a website, and when you go for it’s hosting, you’ll find that your hosting provider has their data centers in different regions of the world.
If you make your website from India, but your hosting provider has the network, data centers in the US only. When somebody opens your websites in the US, you’ll see that it doesn’t take much time to load, and display the webpage.
But if you try to open your website from India or any other regions instead of opening it from the US, you’ll face many problems in loading webpages like loading times are more compared to the US, it doesn’t load quickly, users are shifting to another network, and your website crashes, etc.
This all happens because of the lack of data centers in other regions. This problem is solved by the CDN Content Delivery Network Channel system. They have thousands of data centers all over the world, and all the data centers have data from every website and links.
How Does It Display Results Very Fast?
As we already talked about it, that CDN has thousands of data centers all over the world. And all the data centers have the data of every website and its webpages. When someone opens your website from any region, it gives quick results to show your website to that person, and it is possible because CDN gives and display the contents from the nearest data centers.
This means if someone opens your websites, their nearest data centers will be working for displaying the results of your websites, and webpages.
What is the Use Of Content Delivery Network
- To increase your user’s experience in high Internet, and high speed in loading your websites
- To catch user base from outside of the reunion of your website hosting.
- To download static contents from different regions, which are far away from the region of your website hosting.
- To prevent your site crashing, and to decrease loading times to display webpages.
- To improve the performance of your website, and to attract more organic traffic.
More Benefits Of CDN
- CDN helps in speeding up your website, by faster delivery of content.
- Search Engine Optimization SEO is easier and easy to rank on search engines.
- Because of the lots of Optimization tools, security is high.
- Cache memory is Optimized, that’s why there is no crashing problem.
- Attractive for organic traffic, and visitors are highly motivated to visit your website once again. Because we all know that waiting for any websites to load properly is very much irritating, and visitors shift to other sites because of longer loading times.
First, it’s cleared that it increases the speed of your website to display webpages, by using multiple data centers and giving results from the nearest data centers. Page loading times are decreased, the security of users and websites are higher compared to that of without CDN.
By using CDN, you can improve your Page Speed, Security of your website, Page optimization, Search Engine Ranking and many more things.
It is recommended to use CDN by almost all the Speed Testing Tools.
Use CDN and check your website performance (Before and After) and comment on your experience.
Don’t forget to share it with your friends.
People also search for :
Ajmer Singh is the Founder & Author of Findmytricks. He is a passionate blogger and with the help of his articles, you can learn WordPress & Blogging in a simple way.
1. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
2. “First, learn the rules, then break them”